Thursday, May 17, 2007

La Paz is the highest city in the world at 6330 metres above sea level..ok..Potasi just pips it at a little higher but this is the biggest! From a height it looks like a giant crater filled with broken red bricks. The city fills the centre and climbs to the edges spilling over into the Plato. Teh whole city pullsates with energy. The streets are full of people day and night..and th enight people you leave alone. I am staying in a tiny friendly hostel filled with spanish antiques. I recommend it to any of you looking to get away from the usual dorm backpackers and tatty charmless hotels. Arcabucero ( 2313473) $10 US a night , basic but nice. As anyone who travels alot you know a place to call your own means a lot!
As a guest of the Encuentro International Festival of Art at the Tambo Quinchuincho, I have been involved in many events. I took two caricature classes all in English with my very patient translator Wada. Dispite the translation the class of fifty each day were attentive and involved. In fact, they had to be pushed out of the door after the class! I was really pleased with how the classes went as I had no idea how it would be recieved here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home